So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Jan 15, 2010

What a difference one day makes. This is the first walk of the year without my hoodie, or my jacket and it felt great. I went out for a lunchtime walk abound the Carillon complex boardwalk and even the animals were coming out to see what a beautiful day we're having.

This lazy gator is sunning himself on the shore. Looks like he's got himself a nice soft bed of some seagrass or cattails. He didn't move a muscle and provided a nice photo op. He was about 4 feet in length, but looked strong!

This little guy came out for a stretch in the sun. All this wildlife, right outside my work. Doesn't seem right that their playground is so close to where I have my job!

Life outdoors again! Perfect day to get out there. Daytime DOES indeed make difference. The walk was fun, the scenery spectacular!

See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment