So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jan 26, 2010

I took in some new roads today. Tried to establish a new route in the neighborhood, and kept running into dead ends (sound familiar?). But, through perseverance or persistence, I just kept walking and discovered some newly paved roads in the neighborhood that were much better for walking. There ARE metaphors for life out here, you just have to know what you're looking for. Or make it up as you go!


The scariest part of my walk in the neighborhood is through this small little patch just up the street. There's an old oak tree that juts out into the sidewalk, and overhangs the route, casting weird and strange shadows. This is the quickest part of my walk. Don't know what's lurking back there... don't wanna know.

There's beauty almost everywhere, this could very well be the banks of a river in Appalaicha, but it's just a small retension pond behind a shopping plaza up the street. The twilight illuminates the water perfectly, and the stillness of the water casts mirror-like shadows as nature paints its beauty. I know it's sappy, but this is how my mind works.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Ed that there are metaphors all around us. We just need to stop long enough to notice them.

    ReplyDelete