So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan 16, 2010

My walks this weekend took place down in Parrish, FL. I was the guest of Les McDowell and his wife and I got to walk freely around a real 40-acre ranch. Complete with horses, stagecoaches, campfires & cowboys. We even made a movie out there! I'm dresses in authentic period clothing. I played the Stagecoach Proprietor and 2nd banana to Hub Hubble, a living cowboy legend.


Here's the main house at McDowell ranch. Beautiful and aeromatic! You can smell the horses, dogs and chickens out here, some of that real cowboy "dairy air". Walking around here for 2 days makes you feel kind of glad to be alive, and definitely connecting with nature.


One of my walking partners. I felt like the horse whisperer out here! When you walk near these guys they just walk right up to you and extend their faces to get a little love. Who can resist a face like that?

2 comments:

  1. That costume is my favorite! I hope you held on to it. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really nice place to visit. We'll put it on our Florida list.

    ReplyDelete