So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24, 2010

I never thought that Morton Plant Hospital would be my destination walk today, but here I am, and this is where the walking will be. I'm here because mom was diagnosed as having food poisoning today. I guess she went out to dinner and had some bad bacon, and it wreaked havoc on her system, giving her food poisoning.

So here I am on Day 24, and today I'll walk with my dad. The pace will be slower, the distance not as far, but this walk means much more than the fitness benefits. This is family coming together. A chance to walk with my dad, he's now part of the journey. And I'll always have that. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your mom. Glad to meet your dad. Another precious moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were real buddies in his last year. I realized the responsibility I was taking on as I saw my parents lights starting to fade.

      Delete