So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 19, 2010

I set out to take a walk today and Lindee came with me, and we met her neighbor JoAnne and her dog Amber. We all started the walk together, and set a brisk pace. Actually, it was Amber that set the pace, we just sort of followed her lead.

I was trying to make some sort of a statement on this walk. It's the day before my 50th birthday, so this is me saying "Hey, I'm not dead yet!" Ahhh... gallows humor! Nothing like throwing yourself in front of your fears.

Having a little fun! One of these days I might be able to hide BEHIND Lindee. Yeah right! Time to finish my walk and turn 50. That ought to make the walk seem easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment