So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jan 12, 2010

Tonight I had a great walk with my sister Lindee. I don't think we ever jut hung out and took a walk. Tonight, she asked if I wanted her to come along, and I said "SURE" thinking she'd bail out on me. Well, she didn't bail out, so I was gonna put her through the paces.

Had some fun throwing up leaves in the air tonight. I had the luxury of having a photographer along with me that could snap the shot (Lindee).

We ran into this guy named Oscar, and he was walking his puppy "Bentley". Bentley is an 80-pound puppy, and although he doesn't look that big...

...but when he jumped up on Lindee, he looked pretty darn big! This is why I take these walks. I have to keep remembering that I started this little experiment for moments like this. The last couple of days, I'd been anguishing over making the walk more about the walk... power walking, more distance... but tonight made me remember the reason I started to do this. Moments like these.

1 comment:

  1. It's moment like these that make life memorable. Glad to meet your sister Lindee.

    ReplyDelete