So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jan 13, 2010



I headed out tonight and decided to up my walk to a mile and a half. Up until now I had been putting in a mile every night, or damn near close to it. So on the way home from work, I measured out what was to be my walking route, and it hit at exactly a mile and a half. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad at all. Walking in the twilight is far better than walking at night. Makes the journey seem manageable, and the sights far more interesting.


I walked down the street a bit, and passed this house. From all appearances, it should have been haunted. Broken fences, smashed windows, junk piled high outside everywhere. I wonder why I never noticed this house before? I pass it every day. Creepy. Even the squirrels tried to avoid this disaster area.

Speaking of "haunted things" I went by one of MY old haunts tonight. It didn't even bother me to pass this by without stopping in for a "snack". There are no snacks in here for you... keep walking... and I did. Felt good tonight. I'm glad I upped my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment