So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Apr 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA! 20 Years Old Today!

Today is my daughter Melissa's 20th birthday. Happy Birthday Bubber. To celebrate today, I walked 2.0 miles. OK, so it's not twenty, but the numbers match, and as you can see, it was pretty warm out today.

This is me in front of a papaya tree. Soon, this will bring fruit. These are the oddest trees I've ever seen. They are SO full of water, that often they will rot from the inside out. They grow like crazy, and you can push your finger all the way into the bark. They're amazing little trees.

Indian Rocks Road welcomes residents to the town, and I get pretty close to the road at times, but here the sidewalk lays in front and still over a mile to go. And so the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment