So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apr 14, 2010

Today was walk 104 and I'm taking on the entire Carillon Park. We normally walk the interior boardwalk trail around the lake and that's a good walk, but today I plotted out a walk around the entire complex. I estimated it to be about 1.8 miles.

That's the Bell Tower off in the distance, normally my walks take me right by that thing, but today, you can see it's off in the distance, and still looks just as majestic.

In full bloom. I believe these are orange blossoms, but all along the route, flowers are springing up. It's a beautiful day and walk.

These are apartments that have had problems getting rented. I'll bet if prospective owners saw them from this angle, they'd sell in a minute. The water and fountain are just beautiful.

We used to DRIVE to this Publix, but today I'm walking past it on my route. Turns out the entire walk was about 1.77 miles and I did it in 36 minutes. Very cool. I did more than I thought I could today, it's all about pushing the limits, as the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment