So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Apr 20, 2010

Tonight it's just a simple walk for #110. You try to put in more time, more distance, more effort. And then life calls, and asks you to take a pause. Tonight my walk is a simple one, around the hospital. I've been coming here for over a month to see my Dad.

Inside these walls, up on the sixth floor, in a room fighting for his life back, my father waits daily for my visit. This is a walk I've made every day for over a month. It's an easy walk as far as distance goes. The terrain is a respectable incline that tests the most seasoned calf muscles. But the walk for me is a tough one to make because I know my dad is hurting, and struggling every day. I'll remember his fight up there, his struggle to continue, to go on. I'll remember that every time I want to complain about having to go out and take a walk, or put in an effort to continue. And thank God that I have the power to do so.

The journey continues. Love you Dad. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment