So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Apr 13, 2010

Today, it's walk #103 and the object today was to get a good walk in of course, but also try to figure out how much distance we were putting in when we take our work walk. We had upped our game to include the entire lake and the area of woods to the east of the park. We'd guessed it would be somewhere around 2 miles to 2 1/2 miles. We were wrong. Actual distance was about 1.3 miles, but it's still a good walk on a hot day, and the photo ops are great.

The pedometer is back today, and what we learned is that it takes about 2900 to 3000 steps. Unfortunately, thats about 1.5 miles at best. But, the journey is about walking, and getting out every day. It's still a good walk at a brisk pace. So don't be discouraged by the numbers if you're setting out to walk. It's about what you put in and how you feel.

A new twist on the old tower photo.

This angle reminded me of similiar shots you see of the Washington monument in Springtime when all the cherry blossoms are blooming.

Hey! Here's something new in the lake! A couple of goofs in a rowboat. Are they intentionally looking to be gator bait, or are they looking for turtles to make soup? That explains why all the animals were absent today. Sink the boat, take a walk. It's much more animal friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment