So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Apr 2, 2010

This is walk 92, and I'm outside in the parking lot of Morton Plant Hospital. Coming to see Dad again. He's been in the hospital for 2 weeks now, and today he had a tough day. He's still in pain, somewhat confused and we're all concerned for him. Walking just isn't my priority right now, but an effort. The journey must continue, no matter where...

This walk is one I would prefer NOT making. I wish my Dad were home, and recovering. He's inside, fighting hard, and enduring a lot of pain. He's a tough guy though, having a tough day.

My beautiful girl. This is Melissa who has come just about every day to see her Pop Pop in the hospital. She loves him very much, and he loves seeing her. She is a wonderful young woman. Very pretty. I love her.

We leave when it's dark, and the lights are on. Like the old Motel 6 commercial says "We'll keep the light on for you".

No comments:

Post a Comment