So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Apr 12, 2010

Hot as HELL today for walk 102, and I think I got a taste of what Summer is going to be like. Me, like an idiot wore a thermal T shirt under my work shirt. The walk was brisk for 25 minutes and we think we put in about 2 miles. (Kelly took this picture, Kristin also there, of course). We called the park people to get the distance around the park and they estimated 3/4 of a mile. Tonight I bought a replacement pedometer, and tomorrow we'll be walking again to get an accurate measurement.

These hanging Spanish moss trees overhang the boardwalk walking path and bring some welcome shade. Today is a good workout walk.

Always the focal point of our walk in the park is the Bell Tower. I love this thing. I think I have tower envy. Thanks Kelly and Kristin for the motivation today. You've pulled me through in times when I think I could have let it lapse. Never missed a beat though, and the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment