So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Mar 5, 2010

These two walking down the Pinellas Trail are inseperable. That's Jim on the left, James Miekka to be a little more formal, and Zoey his guide dog on the right. Jim has been blind about half his life, and he's making a journey from Citrus County, FL all the way down to St. Pete to raise money for blind awareness and issues in Citrus County. This is the day before Jim will complete his 130 mile trip. We met on the Pinellas Trail around Ulmerton Road.

I first heard about Jim's story on Bay News 9, that's where I work. I was so inspired that we were both on this "walking journey", I knew I had to meet him. And so I did. I was inspired to say the least. Jim has his trip calculated down to the mile, and to the minute as to where he will arrive and when. He's completely brilliant, and extremely personable. I think we bonded when he told me his favorite author was Stephen King.

Zoey guided Jim along the trail and along some of the busiest roads along the way, always by his side, a trusted friend. Tomorrow his walk will finish in South St. Pete down by the Sunshine Skyway. I'll be with you in spirit my new friend. And I'll never forget you, and this walk. Thanks for sharing your journey, and letting me share mine.

And the journey continues...



This is a promo I made for Bay News 9. It features the story we ran about Jim and tells his tale a little more eloquently than perhaps I can tell you in words.

2 comments:

  1. I truly believe that we meet people in our lives either to inspire or be inspired by, or both. Thanks for sharing such an amazing story Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed. I realized that my comments were logged in from Hubbie's account. Now you'll see comments posts as myself.

    ReplyDelete