So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mar 4, 2010

Tonight was just about me and my son. This is EJ, a chip of the ole block. We had dinner together tonight, and I asked him if he'd like to be part of my walks. He made me proud. It's not often that a teenager with a car and a girlfriend will make time for his dad and spend some quality time together. It meant a lot to me. More than he'll know. One day he will.

What a great sense of humor! Love you dude. You make me smile.

I thought this was a little more ironic than it turned out to be. A lot of people found this shot strange that a father would bond with his son outside a pharmacy. I just thought it was cool because it had our names on it. Don't overthink it people.

On the latter half of our walk, EJ and I heard this tap, tap, tapping sound. When we turned around, we saw this little guy trying out his skills on this branch. This is a baby woodpecker, and although he wasn't making much progress, it wasn't for a lack of trying. Ah! Another lesson learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment