So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mar 27, 2010

Walk 86 finds me down in St. Petersburg near one of my most-favorite places. Books at Park Place. I met a good friend who owns this wonderful new & used bookstore, and while making time to see a friend today, I made sure to get in my walk.

Despite a severely strained left calf muscle, I limped on for about a mile, taking in the sun and hobbling my way up 49th street in St. Pete. God I look awful from the back. Why did I let me get this out of shape?

Life-size horses outside this nursery in St. Pete, plus real Amish carriages. I just thought these were pretty cool!

I don't think that Biff Burger was built to look retro, I believe it is the real deal. This place still has open diner seating and car hops. It's a cool place.

Had to check my leg out in Emergency tonight @ Morton Plant Hospital. One of the nurses that was tending to my father suggested that I might want to have my leg ultra-sounded so I could be assured that I didn't have a clot or a deep vein thrombosis. Since I was already at the hospital, I dropped in and got that done. And a clean bill of health from the E.R. And the journey continues...

1 comment: