So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mar 18, 2010

Walk 77 tonight was an unexpected one with my buddy Mike. He called me up and wanted to go out with me, so I figured we'd go to Millenium Park. We brought along a guest walker tonight.

Harley is just a pleasant, and beautiful Australian Shepherd dog. He was so well behaved and did the circuit twice with us and never complained. He's a good boy.

I took this walk when I first started out and barely made it around the boardwalk. Tonight, I did it twice and could have made it around 4 or 5 times. There's something to be said for persistence and dedication. I feel good.

Here we are, Me... Mike, and Harley. We tried taking a picture of the three of us holding Harley up for a close-up but the picture looked like Mike and I were dating! LOL...

Went to dinner at Jimmy Guana's tonight and did very well with ordering and eating. I think I beat the battle of portion control by eating half of what was brought to me, and taking the rest home. Had ONE diet coke and TWO glasses of water. I think I found a balance here. I think I believe I'm getting the hang of this. And it's getting easier to meet the challenges. I have a good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment