So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mar 2, 2010

I thought it was about time to put up another full-body shot. No sense in hiding behind the waist-up photos I've been posting. So here it is, for what it's worth. This is Walk 61 today! And I'm standing out in front of home base.

People have asked me "How do you take pictures of yourself all the time?" The answer is pretty simple. You have to have a camera with a timer. Mine is a Kodak EasyShare, and it's got a 10-second timer on it. But you have to have something to set the camera ON. And sometimes, you have to improvise! This particular picture was taken by...

Wedging the camera between these slats, and clicking the shutter to start in 10 seconds. I was amazed at how perfect it fit.

This guy had a USMC flag proudly flying in his front yard. Made me think of my buddy Rudy! Semper Fi Rudy. USMC Retired. You served your country proudly!

The recent rains have made a mess down by the church. Sidewalk was impassable, so you go around on the street and walk on! Can't wait for the walk tomorrow. Down in Punta Gorda.

No comments:

Post a Comment