So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mar 20, 2010

Walk 79 finds me down once again in Punta Gorda, FL with my friend Shirley Rosevelt Garcia. I met Shirley over 20 years ago, when she called me at a radio station I worked at, and we discovered our mutual interest in Stephen King. Today we went down to see Steve speak at THE BIG READ. He was the kickoff attraction for the Port Charlotte reading festival this year. Here we are walking the big bridge after the event. It was a beautiful day, and the company was superb.

Shirley and I before the King appearance. We decided to take a picture in front of the chairs that Steve would be sitting in. We started a trend. Soon after we broke the ice, a bunch of people decided that that was the thing to do and formed a line to have their pictures taken in front of the chairs. LOL... only in Stephen King land.

Here's Steve talking with a writer from the Port Charlotte Sun. It was a semi-formal chit chat, and King was on his game with amusing anecdotes. He even shared a reading of a short story he did that was a modern re-telling of the Poe classic THE TELL TALE HEART. He looked good. It was entertaining.

Walking over the bridge afforded us to take in the view. Boats were out in full force today and here are just a couple of the elite's play toys.

Here's another play toy of the up and commers. There must have been a car show in Punta Gorda as dozens of classic and muscle cars headed south over our walking bridge. It was a good day. A VERY good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment