So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mar 19, 2010

Walk 78, tonight I had to walk around the grounds of Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, FL. My dad fell at home this afternoon, and was taken to emergency to see if he broke his hip, and to have his neck and shoulder x-ray'd also. As of this writing, he's sedated and awaiting his hip xray to come back. My thoughts are with him, and my mom.

My dad's a trooper man. He was still smiling and making jokes while awaiting medical attention in the hospital. He's just THE MAN. My mom actually suggested I take this picture. Now do you have any doubts where I get my odd sense of humor? Love you mom and dad.

While waiting, I took a walk outside the hospital around the surrounding high-class neighborhoods in Clearwater. What a beautiful stretch of road to set out on. The tall palms remind me of the classic Beverly Hills shots you see in all the Hollywood retro films.

The entrance to Willadel Drive. Can you only wonder what the homes will be like down this street? Gargoyles adorn both sides of this entrance. They remind me of my trip to see Stephen King tomorrow, and I walk on excitedly.

Taking time to pose for a Bayside picture at the end of Pinellas Street in Clearwater, FL. That's the Memorial Causeway bridge that takes you over to Clearwater Beach if you go to the right. Walk is done for today. 8800 on the pedometer. And the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment