So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mar 30, 2010

I've pretty much learned so far in this journey, that walks can happen anywhere, and at any time. Since my leg has been on the bum rap lately, I knew I had to follow the advice of family and friends and the 2 medical facilities I've had look at my calf, and take it easy. But I still had to get a walk and a picture or two in before the day was done. My walk tonight was a 2-parter. First, I walked the Target store tonight, taking all my volunteer gift cards in to get my new iPod. That was exciting. I actually had to go twice to the store, because the first iPod was an 8-gig, and I bought a 16-gig. That walk came later, after dark, when I had to return to the store to exchange the brand-new iPod.

Walk 89, part deux happened when I went to Morton Plant Hospital to see Dad tonight. After my visit, a most amazing sunset waited to be photographed. Arriving JUST in time to take advantage of the last day's glow, I got some good shots in during low tide.

This is a panoramic stretch looking out toward Clearwater Beach, over the Boca Ciega Bay. It's twilight, and the tide is WAY out creating some of the most interesting patterns in the sand.

The last of the day's light slithers down below the horizon and the warm glow suggests a tropical paradise. These are the moments that make me glad I live here. I love sunsets.

Still orange glow fills the evening sky, the water retreats and the sun continues it's journey to light the other part of the Earth. And the journey continues...

2 comments:

  1. Darn it! Hope that injury heals up real soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allan, it's doing a little better every day. I have a special walk planned for 100, so I have 10 days to get it healed!

    ReplyDelete