So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 9, 2010

Today is a bit of a milestone. 40 walks and still counting! That's pretty good. I don't know how many people would believe I could actually commit to something like this, I can't even say that I believed it, but I think I found the solution. Whatever it is, it's inside me and if I figure it out, I'll tell you the secret. I just turned it into "my thing" and I enjoy "my thing" now. You know why? Because its MY thing.
This is a big vacant lot for sale just up the street from where my walks begin. One day this will be a front yard to a home and someone will be telling me to get off their lawn! But you know what that will mean? I'm still out there walking!
I love this tree and little patch of growth. It's sort of the mini haunted forest of my neighborhood walks. Love this little patch.
Okay, here's a preachy little environmental moment... three days ago, maybe a week this was not filled with trash. It was a clean marshland. This is disgusting and I now have to pass it every day. One day, I'll find a way to clean it up. I hate this. Find a trash can please, or better yet, stop your drinking and driving.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's disgusting that people throw their garbage all over the place. It's also very scarry to think that people are driving while drinking this stuff. Can't they just stay home?

    ReplyDelete