So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feb 6, 2010

Felt a calling to head down to the Tyrone area, I had been curious to know how far it was to walk around the entire mall using the access road. When I got there, it looked far more daunting than it turned out to actually be. This is the lesson for today, don't let the THOUGHT of doing something actually stop you from trying it. It turned out the walk around the mall was only a mile and a half, but in my mind I was CERTAIN it would be three miles.
On this side of the mall, sunshine and wind. On the other side of the mall, cloudy and still. Can't get optimal weather out here today. But I'm enjoying the variety. Soon I'll be whining about the heat and humidity! Enjoy it while it lasts...
I never ate at this place, but I'm sure they have weight-concious meals inside, right? Just the name of the place is putting weight on me. Keep walking!
PROBABLY the real reason I wanted to walk around the mall today. One of my favorite places on earth. Borders Bookstore. Pretty soon I hear they won't be around anymore. But for now, I'm going to reward myself for a walk well taken with a new book. I earned it, right?
Picked up the new Brian Keene novel, this one is about a town plunged into entire darkness and they can't escape. Sounds a lot like the new King novel, but about one tenth the pages. I'll try this one for now. Look how happy I am... it's like a drug, me and books and I just got my fix! Great day today, and this was walk #37. How about that?

1 comment:

  1. Ed, you and I have that in common-BOOKS!!! I'm a book fanatic. Not only do I have paper books, i have lots of electronic books as well.

    ReplyDelete