So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

Walk 151 today and it was HOT. I knew I had to take some water along, my friend Marty suggested I celebrate 151 with rum! LOL... great suggestion. A pretty amazing little walk today though.

And it all started here with this egret perched or a picture perfect moment. And then the walk continued...

I went on the long pier at George McGough park, and was surprised to see this manatee surface for a little breather. This is my first manatee in the wild spotting, and I just happened to have my camera on, and ready to shoot. Timing is everything. I didn't even know if I got the shot until I checked the camera. But it worked out perfectly.

Okay... this is a posed picture. Busted, but I wanted to see what I looked like from other people's perspective... and the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment