So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010

Today I got some words of advice to check out "The Power of Now" for reading, so I decided to go pick up the book and read it in a serene setting. What better place than a nice park while on walk 135?

This is my all-time favorite tree. I love these dead, twisty trees, and this one is one of the most photogenic trees I've seen on my journey so far. It is so large and full, a very majestic statement in this state park.

These tall, straight southern pines are so majestic. This is what I see when I stand at the base of one and look up. I love the bark. So chunky, and the smell is pine... mmmm... so beautiful. The smell is everywhere.

I thought this was so cute. A real rock and roll dad is out taking his little girl for a stroll in the park, and she just clung to his side. She loves her daddy, and you can tell he just loved her. I tried to figure out "their story" but it didn't matter. The NOW of it was, that they were sharing love and that was enough.

I have a feeling this could bring me some peace and understanding. At least a good coping tool for living in NOW moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment