So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010

Using the RunKeeper app tonight to track walk 144. Put in about a mile and a half in about 35 minutes, but I got hung up at a small convenience store waiting behind a guy buying tons of lotter tickets. All I wanted was a dollar bottle of water. That put a crimp in my numbers tonight. Making a good pace, but waiting til sundown now to put in the time. It's HOT folks!

Somebody left this shopping cart at the bus stop about a few hundred yards away from the store, so I pushed it back into the parking lot. I took this shot, I call it "homeless view of the world". It would suck to be homeless and have this as your view every day. It's like a mini prison.

Just a pose by the blossoming trees. I think they're oranges...

The view of the back stretch. THis is the halfway point of my neighborhood walk and when I see this, I know it's all downhill from here. Not literally however! And the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment