So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010-Dad's 82nd Birthday

Today is a milestone walk. It's walk #150, and it's happening on my father's 82nd birthday. Happy Birthday Dad. After spending time with him all day in the hospital, I was drained and just wanted to go home. But I went to the beach instead. I'm glad I did. I put in a good mile and a half and had a great view.

This woman walked next to me along most of my way, not a bad view! LOL

I ran into this local family that started up a conversation with me, and when I asked them if they would take a picture of me, they sent their son over to take a picture with me. LOL... they LOVED the idea of the blog, and they complimented my Stephen King T shirt.

I stumbled up upon this couple holding their wedding out on the beach. Figuring I could sneak a picture with the wedding couple, I stumbled upon them and apologized for walking into their wedding party. They were not amused. LOL... and I thought it was going to be like Ben Stiller in The Heartbreak Kid. Nope... not really.
Their journey is beginning... mine continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment