So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6, 2010

Walk 279 tonight on Indian Rock Beach. It's Fall, and the sun has a lower angle in the sky now. The air is cool, and the wind is coming in strong off the Gulf. It's a perfect night for walking, and it feels good.

It was all this windsurfer could do to stay up on his board fighting the high winds and the choppy surf, but it looked like a LOT of fun, and made for a nice photo opportunity.

Lazy beach night...

When most people are heading IN from the beach, this guy is heading out TO the beach. He's a kite surfer and he's prepping his gear for a good run tonight. The conditions are perfect.

Lines ready... winds strong... kite in position...

Liftoff at sunset...

This is Larry Jarvis, he's a tourist from Wheeling West Virginia. Larry had quite a story to tell me. He also walks just about every night, and this is his first night down here. When he removed his cap, he showed me that most of his skull and some of his brain had been removed due to an injury he sustained when he took a knife to a gun fight. Larry fought the odds and battled back, learning how to walk, talk and do just about everything again. He's taking advantage of his 2nd chance... how many of us will take advantage of our first? Start your own journey... this one continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment