So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5, 2010

Tonight is walk #278, and I'm out at McGough Park in Largo. It's the first day that actually felt like Fall. You can feel these days... really FEEL them, and I live for each one every year. I have no camera tonight other than my iPhone, but I'm making due, and the shots are pretty good. Those are pink water birds out there skimming the low-tide waters for food.

The Issai Beautyberry is growing amazingly plentiful now. This is also known as the love pearl bush. They're clusters of purple berries on long stems. This one grows out over my path tonight, they are wild everywhere.

"This car cannot leave the parking lot" is written on a sign on the back of this jeep. An elderly gentleman told me the story behind this prank. It seems that the park manager Barbara is leaving to take on a bigger job ad Boyd Hill Nature Park in St. Pete. She's very well liked by the employees and volunteers here at McGough Park, and this is a prank born out of love. Cute.

More amazing flowers growing wild out in the woods. They're like fireworks...

Autumn casts its rusty colors upon the dock along the intercoastal, and the shadows get longer, the air gets cooler, and still the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment