So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 2, 2010

A walk is a walk, even if it's around your own yard. Unfortunately, this WAS my yard back when I lived on Barry Court. I got a notice from code enforcement that I was still responsible for the cutting and weeding on this property. It had to be done, otherwise I'd have a fine of about $405 dollars. So walk #275 finds me here with friends and family to complete the task. This is Mark, he's a friend of my daughters, and he brought the good tools.

The grass is 2-3 feet in some places. The places where grass still exists. Sad to see what happened to this home in less than a year.

We had mushrooms growing in the lawn the size of mini umbrellas.

And spiders that could cover your entire hand.

Mike provided ground support on his riding mower, plowing through chest-high weeds and grass. The lawnmower worked like a dream, until he forgot to disengage the blade putting it back on to his metal trailer and wrecked the undercarriage, and even cut through the metal plating on his flatbed.

The task complete, and the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment