So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2, 2010

Tonight, walk #245 was on Indian Rocks Beach with EJ. We went to dinner at JD's and just had an amazing experience (Cajun fried shrimp and garlic pasta will do that for you). And I asked him to take a walk with me and he did.

We walked south along the Intercoastal, and the sun was to our right and the water to our left, so it made perfect lighting for pictures.

EJ and I got a kick out of this. We had a good chance to talk about the state of our lives as we walked along, and I felt better for having it all out in the open and getting everything talked about.

This reminded me of Lanterman's Mill up in Mill Creek Park in Youngstown. The only thing missing is the milling wheel.

This location is marked for being the last swing bridge that crossed the intercoastal. The swing bridge was actually on a pivot that would turn and allow cars to go in both directions. You might want to google that for a little better explanation.

1 comment: