So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 5, 2010

Walk 156 was in Brandon, FL today in the parking lot of the plaza that is home to O'Brien's Irish Pub. Kelly and I were working volunteers at the AmVet Post 44 Welcome Home to our Troops gathering. Most of the walking today was just around the lot handing out freebies to the crowds that came out to support our veterans and fighting men and women around the world. It was a great event and a good cause.

This was a ceremony called the "Missing Man Table Ceremony" where veterans placed a table setting out to welcome home any POW/MIA that may return at any moment, so that they know they were always remembered, and always had a place to sit and eat, and be welcomed home.

A fun band entertaining in the 95 degree sweltering humid heat.

The plaza parking lot was turned into event central.

A hero paying respects at the Missing Man Table ceremony. The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment