So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13, 2010

Tonight, walk 164 was with my new walking group "The St. Petersburg Urban Walkers". I met them through Meetup.com and it exceeded all expectations. The members were friendly and encouraging, and the pace and distance pushed me, but didn't break me. It was a good walk.

The Don Cesar in the center off in the distance.


Lots of partying happening on the beach tonight.

A storm gathers out in the Gulf.

Beautiful sunset on St. Pete Beach.

The sun is the star in THIS picture. I'm just here for the ride.

After the walk, we went over to listen to the Drum Circle perform for hundreds of wild, uninhibited beach party people. It was infectious to say the least.

See what I mean..? And this went on for HOURS even AFTER the sunset. Boom cha boom. Boom cha boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment