So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11, 2010

Today, I'm walking off stress. I head out to the Indian Rocks bridge to take in the view of the inercoastal and think about my Dad. Dad was taken to the hospital again today when he slipped into a coma-like state at the breakfast table. He was taken to Morton Plant Mease. I will tell you first that he has made a resurgence, and is stable now. But earlier in the day he was non-responsive and we called in a priest to administer last rites.

Walking, I take in the view. But my thoughts are totally with Dad. Praying for him to the rhythm of my forsteps. Our... father... who art... in heaven...

Hail Mary... full of grace...

The Lord is with thee...
So for me... and dad... for now, the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment