So this is my year of walks...

Nothing fancy. It is exactly what it says it is. Over the next year, I want to take a walk every day. For an entire year. Hopefully, along my journey I can discover better health, weight loss, and a sense of direction and purpose in my life. And so my journey begins. On my way to a better me.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aug 27, 2010

Today was the day for walk #239, and I thought that I would be taking it with my Mom. After attending to some medical/financial meetings, I took her out to Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach, but nothing on the menu appealed to her. We ended up at Panera Bread Company and no walk.

So an opportunity presented itself to head to George McGough park in Largo, where I took a walk along the path of one of my favorite small parks.

I was shooting for a single focal point on the horizon.

This ultra-violet berry bush is called Callicarpa Americana, or American Beautyberry. This is a striking plant which bears unedible fruit which is magnificent in its color.


I still love the bark on these tall Southern Pines. Rugged and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment